PCI Parallel port card for JTAG / programming?

Hi,

I need a PCI parallel port card since the new PC is "legacy free". I use parallel port based JTAG debuggers and programmers for micros (AVRs), CPLDs (Xilinx/Altera/Lattice) and FPGAs (Xilinx/Altera).

Which PCI parallel cards work or don't work for you? Tried it under Linux?

Seems like most PCI parallel cards are based on chipsets from Netmos

-- any luck with these?

Thanks.

Reply to
ee_ether

I have a NetMos parallel card and it works fine (at least for Xilinx Parallel cable III JTAG)

Peter Wallace

Reply to
Peter Wallace

has a few cards that can be mapped to legacy ports. These work without problems once mapped to the legacy ports.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

Hi,

I didn' t succedded to work with a Sunix Multi-I/O Universal PCI 4079A. But it' s ok with a Netmos PCI 9835 Multi I/O Controller

Reply to
pes

Hi,

I didn' t succedded to work with a Sunix Multi-I/O Universal PCI 4079A. But it' s ok with a Netmos PCI 9835 Multi I/O Controller

Reply to
pes

In message , ee_ether writes

Why not just get a USB Jtag? It must work out cheaper and less messing about in the long run?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris H