Neural Network on fpga

I'm new to the whole Xilinx software package, and my professor wanted me to have a simple design of a 1x1x1 feed forward neural network done by July 24, 2004. So I was wondering if anyone knows whats the best way about doing this?(Verilog, VHDL, Schematic, other) I have to be able to impliment an exponential function, I have to multiply, I have to add, and I have to read/write numbers to memory. Plus I have to come up with random numbers.

Reply to
Phil Moore