Microblaze multiplier Virtex2pro vs. Spartan3e

If I compile my Microblaze project for Virtex2pro, the compiler uses the mul instruction (hw multiplier) as expected. If I only change to Spartan3e and recompile, the compiler uses __mulsi3 (sw multiplier).

Why won't it use the hw multiplier in Spartan3e?

I am using ISE 7.1sp4, EDK 7.1.2, xc2vp4, xc3s250e

Alan Nishjioka snipped-for-privacy@nishioka.com

Reply to
Alan Nishioka

Never mind. I just noticed a missing -mno-xl-soft-mul flag from the Spartan3e compile. I think it is a bug in EDK that it is missing from the EDK generated command, however.

Alan Nishioka

Reply to
Alan Nishioka