May i program a Spartan 3 fpga with a 1,8 V Digilent cable?

Hi ,i like to use cpld and fpgas scraped by boards at home at the purpose of practicing VHDL. I have some Spartan 3 XC3S1500,and an inexpensive Digilent JTAG cable rated 1.8 to 5.5 V. There is some trick to use it for programming a Spartan 3 ,having a core voltage of 1,2V? Thanks Diego,Italy

Reply to
blisca

The programming cable does not interface to the core voltage of the FPGA, only the I/O voltage for the JTAG. In some parts this is a separate JTAG or Auxiliary supply voltage. On other parts it may be Vcco for a particular bank. Usually it is in the range of 1.8 to 3.3V so there is no issue with the Digilent cable in this regard.

I'm not familiar with the Digilent cable, but the Xilinx parallel cables have a pin for the interface voltage usually labelled Vcc that must be connected to the I/O voltage of the devices to be programmed.

HTH, Gabor

Reply to
Gabor

purpose of

Many thanks,maybe i was misleaded by the fact that 1,8 V looks like a core voltage

Reply to
blisca