ISE8.2 + .ngo file + Leonardo

Hi, I have a ISE7.1 project containing the PCI .ngo file. This completes correctly. Ugrading to ISE8.2i the .tcl script file generated for Leonardo now includes this .ngo as a source file which Leonardo fails to read. How does one solve this using the integrated flow? Thanks Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

correctly. Ugrading to ISE8.2i the .tcl script file generated for Leonardo now includes this .ngo as a source file which Leonardo fails to read. How does one solve this using the integrated flow? Thanks Anthony

Is ISE synthesis inadequate in this case? Could you drop leo?

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

We could drop leo but have a lot of process docs. defined with this tool. We have been considering a swicth to XST so we can stop Leo maintenance. For now it may be better to edit the script and run Leo standalone although it's nice to use PN to generate the script - for this one needs leonardo as part of the flow. Script edits get overwritten by PN flow.

I don't understand why stuff that used to work now doesn't. In 7.1 all one needed was .edf and .xco files in the project to compile with coregen models, now 8.2 want's the .vhd files for these too?

Reply to
Anthony