GND and VCC pins

hello all,

I'm drawing the layout of my Xilinx XC9572XL (TQ100)evaluation board but I wonder wether it is necessary to connect all GND and VCC pins to the power tracks. Could somebody tell me that?

Thanks by advance.

Reply to
Mouarf

Yes. Don't try to second-guess the chip designers.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Yes, connect all. On-chip and going of-chip current transitions ( di/dt ) are so fast, that they create v=L di/dt ground bounce voltage over the unavoidable inductance between chip and pc-board. You must keep this inductance as small as possible = connect all supply pins. Peter Alfke, Xilinx Applications

Reply to
Peter Alfke

OK, I'll connect all power pins but are all GND (and VDD) pins connected together inside ?

"Peter Alfke" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Mouarf

Yes, they are. But you should not rely on this. It's your job to minimize the resistance and inductance. Peter Alfke

Reply to
Peter Alfke

OK, no problem.

Do you known if the following download cable schematics works with the XC9572XL and Webpack ISE 6.3i (it looks quite old regarding to the date on the sheet)? I'm a hobbyist and I would like to build my own download cable not to buy one.

"Peter Alfke" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Mouarf