FPGA Modular Firmware Skeleton for multiple instruments - Morph-IC-II, YouTube videos.

If you have an interest in using FPGAs for the design of instruments, this may be of interest : I have developed the following design as the framework for the bus interface of USB2 interfaced FPGA based instruments. This firmware in intended to aid the design of instrumentation using the Morph-IC-II module and other fpga systems interfaced to the USB2 bus using FTDI's FT2232H interface chip. It has been in use in prototype form in my NMR laboratory as the heart of a number of instruments (contributing to a number of papers), and would I believe aid the design of other FPGA based instrumentation.

There are some videos of this working and being tested on YouTube :

and a fuller description of the FPGA techniques used on the Farnell Element14 site :

More instruments based on this VHDL code are coming out of the prototype stage and there will be information on them at

cheers, Beau Webber

Reply to
Dr. Beau Webber