FPGA board for USB experiments?

Yes chips are fitted. The RS1-1500 has a XC3S1500.

I will see if we can get the text a little less ambiguous. There are a few areas like this that we need to tidy up on the website.

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Broaddown2. The Ultimate Spartan3 Development Board.

John Adair

Dave Farrance skrev:

If it is a just for fun hack kinda thing you don't need a transciever. I've implemented the opencores usb core in an FPGA using just two normal IOs and a pullup connected to a usb connector and a little fpga logic to simultate the phy. got as far as getting plugged and enumerated on windows, never used it for anything though

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Got VHDL?

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Thanks. I'll bear that in mind.

Actually, I've just remembered that there are cheap tssop-to-dip adaptors available, which are easy to solder. Just run some solder along the pins, and wick off the excess with solder-braid.

I'll probably use a pre-built interface like the Enterpoint one mentioned elsewhere in this thread, though.

--
Dave Farrance
Reply to

many

the

Nope Verilog ;)

can't find it at the moment but was something like this at the top level.

inout Dplus; // pin connected to USB D+ inout Dminus; // pin connected to USB D-

wire txdp; // Dplus data (from usb_phy) wire txdn; // Dminus data (from usb_phy) wire txoe; // output enable for Dplus/Dminus (from usb_phy) wire rxd ; // data from differential receiver (to usb_phy) wire rxdp; // data from Dplus (to usb_phy) wire rxdn; // data from Dminus (to usb_phy)

assign Dplus = (txoe ? txdp : 1'bz); assign Dminus = (txoe ? txdn : 1'bz);

assign rxdp = Dplus; assign rxdn = Dminus;

assign rxd = Dplus; // no differential receiver, so just use Dplus and hope

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Thanks to everybody that helped me in this thread. I've decided to buy the above product.

--
Dave Farrance
Reply to

Hi Dave,

Maybe you can look at FTDICHIP website they have boards with USB connections to FPGA's

Kind Regards,

Vhdl.eu

Came across some USB FPGA information at the following sites.

The Cypress FX2 chips seems to be a popular USB controller used. Also seen the FTDI in action, easier to use but not as much flexibility. Digilent and Opal Kelly boards have USB interfaces. But you can't mess around with the code.

Also the GnuRadio folks did a good job with a set of > Hi Dave,

Reply to
chris.felton