apologia

All,

I had posted:

"How else is one measured, except by their commitments? V5 has met all dates. In fact, has exceeded them."

I now discover that we missed a delivery date for a shipment of ES XC5V330 parts to a customer.

So, in fact, V5 XC5V330 missed a customer commitment.

As the largest FPGA part in existence, we were unable to meet the demand so soon after first lot fab-out.

I apologize.

I also wish to thank the person who brought this to my attention,

Austin

Reply to
Austin Lesea

Austin

Out of general interest, is the die still around 22mm x 24mm, or are you a bit closer to the Canon EOS-5D number posted by Tom Womack at 36mm x 24mm?

Reply to
Tim

Tim,

We generally make one large device, which is "reticule limited."

That has consistently been roughly the size you mention (~22 X ~24) for the last seven technologies.

Going larger is not supported by most fabs, unless it is a special process (with special equipment).

I once met someone from TRW, who told me they make imagers for the space program that are four times the X and Y dimensions of our largest die!

His yield was one die per run of 25 wafers (if he was lucky).

Of course, the imager sold for multi-hundreds of thousands of dollars.

There is a real question that we always ask: "is it worth making the biggest part?" It seems the answer to this is never very clear. Are we doing this for our egos? Or, are we doing this because it is making money? We never really know where the "sweet spots" will be, as with every technology generation we also face a new set of designs by the customers.

I am told that we are "caught up" with all 330 and 330T orders now. I hope my information matches that of our customers.

Austin

Reply to
Austin Lesea