Anyone with Xilinx SP305-board ?

Well, $400 is real money for me, I guess like $400 000 is real money for you ? Im Sorry, I dont have that kind of money....

If you dont wish to support individual customers,you should not engage in the retail end of the market. Its as simple as that-you make great chips but you dont understand the retail business.

I expect to see some improvement in your coustumers service soon. here is an example of what your homepage should looke like :

Youve got a long way to go, miss Lesea.

Reply to
John Smith

Here is a tip : provide information and you will get information back. Spit the dummy, and you will get ignored...

Well, others seem able to get answers to questions ? perhaps, you should work on your skills, and not throw the toys out of your cot ?

In engineering, you _are_ going to need the skill of getting information you require, and a rant is counter-productive - or do you not plan employment in engineering ?

and the point of that rant is what, exactly ?

If you have a specific issue, like an error in a schematic, point that out, and it will likely be corrected.

Xilinx are not engaged in the retail end of the market. Their customers are designers and engineers. Walmart is a retailer.

Hmm, well, _that_ is a shocker of a web site - all froth, and no substance. I hope Xilinx do NOT copy that.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

John,

I have taken a new direction: when insulted, ignored, and railed against unjustly when all I offered was help, I press "ignore" so that I never have to experience your unhappy existence, again. I can not solve all the world's problems, and I must accept there are those who are so intent on being miserable, and causing others pain, that I can have no positive influence whatsoever.

Good luck.

(Mr) Austin Lesea

John Smith wrote:

Reply to
Austin Lesea

All I want is a customer service that works. Why are you attacking me ? When I discover en error in one of your products, and there is no way what so ever tha I can get in touch with you, I gett pissed off ! You must have some sort of customer service, anything else is just stupid..

Reply to
John Smith

an

drift

in

but

I hope they do. Xilinx now is all substance, but no front......

Reply to
John Smith

If you are insulted by THIS discussion, I think you need a new job ! Somewhere else !

ROFL ::--)))

I'm switching to Altera, thats for sure.... Ha-ha-ha-

Reply to
John Smith

I fyou wnat to be insulted, i can do that in Norwegian, yopu know. the land og the Vikings ! OK here It comes (you dont wnat to get this translated, believe me )

Hallo Austin ! Hvorfor ha dere ikke en kundestøtte på epost !

That's about the most rude thing anyone could say to a Xilinx employee.....If you feel insulted, i can understand that.

Reply to
John Smith

an

Lucky you ! Thats the E-mail Im looking for , can you discover this secret "suopprt-mail-adress", or is it classified ? Like the aliens at AERA-51 ? Powered på chips from Xilinx ? Ha-ha-ha-ha.

One should not mess with stuff like that..

Reply to
John Smith

land

Well, we understand Norwegian. It translates to:

"Why do you not have customer service via e-mail?"

Hilsen fra Peter Alfke

Reply to
Peter Alfke

Click on 'Support' Click on 'WebCase' (scroll down a bit to see it) Login and enter your complaint.

If you're going to spit the dummy over the fact you have to use a web browser instead of an email client, well.. grow up.

Also, as someone else said, if you don't supply any useful information it's impossible to help you.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
Daniel O'Connor

what

it's

I don't think you quite understand the issue. I have tried to join Xilinx support, but I got an email stating that I could not do that. And when I was pissed off by that, all I got in reply from an apparently Xilinx employee at this newsgroup was that I had to spend real money to get support from Xilinx. Well, I spent $600 . That's real money to me. Xilinx is way out of line in terms of customer service. And arrogant messages on news don't shape up their apperance either.

Reply to
John Smith

John, you just misunderstood what Austin wrote, before this thread derailed, He wrote: "Spending Real money for a product makes you a customer (not a student)".

That means: "Because you have spent real money, you are a customer, not a student, and Xilinx will treat you as a real customer". Austin meant to be positive and re-assuring.

John, I suppose we are both us> > I don't think you quite understand the issue. I have tried to join Xilinx

Reply to
Peter Alfke