ANNC: Open Source, Free 32-bit soft processor webcast

Lattice is holding a webcast tomorrow Wednesday, October 18, "Embedded Design with LatticeMico32 Open, Free 32-bit Soft Processor." The presenter will be Amr El-Shimi, from our IP marketing group.

If you're interested, the event takes place live at 11am Pacific, 18:00 GMT. In addition, you will be able to view this webcast archive on-demand, at your convenience, starting a 24 hours after the live event takes place.

You can register by clicking:

Bart Borosky, Lattice

Reply to
bart

Specificly what kind of license is used..?, and what are the terms? Didn't find it at the site.

"HDL codes are available through a unique open IP core licensing agreement."

Reply to
pbdelete

For the LatticeMico32 there is an Open IP Core Licensing Agreement. This license lets you freely mix proprietary with open code and freely distribute hardware (FPGAs) without license documentation. This Open IP Core Licensing Agreement applies to the generated microprocessor HDL code and selected peripheral components HDL code.

Click here to see the license:

For the Development Tools (complier, assembler, linker and debugger) there is a GNU - General Public License (GPL).

Hope this helps. Regards, Bart Borosky, Lattice

Reply to
bart

Starting tomorrow you should be able to view the archive of the webcast "on-demand" from the same link. rgds, bart

Reply to
bart

Could you release the document without login..?

Reply to
pbdelete

The webcast was a little dry. I'm not sure that it said anything new. The estimated price is $0.80-$2.00 for the cpu part of the FPGA in large volumes and depending on the FPGA and CPU options. I'm a relatively low-volume sort so the numbers probably don't mean much for me. However, these sorts of things are of interest because we have lots of messy I/O.

The do keep pushhing the point that the HDL is open source and not directly tied to Lattice. You can take the code and synth for another vendor or ASIC.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Dickerson