Altera's fast NIOS update service (o;

So for how long is NIOS2 5.0 out?

Just received today my NIOS2 1.1 upgrade... Unbelievable fast they are (o;

/jedi

Reply to
Jedi

CD-ROM's are so 90's

Reply to
Karl de Boois

Jedi,

Nios II 5.0 has been out for a few weeks now and I have seen shipping packages that include Quartus II 5.0 & Nios II 5.0.

The fact that you just got v1.1 indicates something is seriously wrong. This may be a moot point, but is your Nios subscription still valid? If so, I suggest three things:

(1) Download the Nios II 5.0 evaluation tools from

-- The evaluation edition does not include the Micrium RTOS but everything else is there.

(2) Contact Altera Customer Service (non-technical-support) which handles these issues at (800) 767-3753 and explain the situation.

(3) If that doesn't work or you cannot call them (I cannot find an email address for them immediately), please send me an email with your contact name/address/company and I will contact customer service for you.

Jesse Kempa Altera jkempa -at- altera -dot- com

Reply to
kempaj

For my latest Nios II DevKit I have received 2 additional Nios II 1.1 Upgrades although the kit already came with this version. I haven't received any copy of the 5.0 version so far. The most annyoing thing is that they guarantee the updates for 1 year but never send any. I had another devkit with the old Nios and never got the Nios II software or at least an evaluation version of it. If they want us to download the new versions then they should simply say so on their web site. From the information on the web site I always get the impression that it's just an evaluation version and not the real thing although with previous versions there was no difference in the end.

Reply to
dirk