Wireless MIDI Device

I've been gearing up to take on a new hobby project, building a wireless MIDI controller.

I've done a fair bit of research and I am pretty straight on what parts I need for the task and so on.

The one roadblock I've hit is making the setup wireless. The options I've explored are mainly Bluetooth and RF with the latter looking to be more promising.

Problem is, I'm so new to this that I'm not certain what to do next. I'm aware of how to program a PIC chip to read output from a sensor, and in turn translate that data and send it over a serial MIDI connection to my computer to have it trigger the said note.

I'm hoping that someone could give me some idea(s) as to how to accomplish this wirelessly? What parts I will need, what a basic schematic might look like?

My device will most likely have 12-14 buttons that will need to send a note or a controller change upon being pressed. Velocity register through a piezo or FSR is also likely.

I've done some searching around already but couldent find anything in practice, mostly just theroy of how it "should" work.

It woulde be especially helpfull if anyone has, or knows of a working controller similar to the above mentioned (tutorial or other).

Many thanks in advance-

Reply to
Programmer