Which logic analyzer is best

I am in the market for a cheap logic analyzer. I can't figure out the main difference between an HP 1631D and 1651A. I think the 1631D has the 50MHz scope, and the 1651A has the floppy for setups,but other than that specs seem the same?? I want to play around with some DSP and micro's. I have a TDS210 (60MHz) scope, so the scaope is not a huge deal. Any other good analyzers in the $100-500 range

Jason

Reply to
JasonW

I have a 1631D. Specs same as the 1630 except for the addition of the 2 trace digital scope. You cannot save setups on the 1631D internally. It will require a separate HP floppy drive or a setup with a 488 bus card/cable and a separate computer (you will probably write the program).

If you wish to save the setups (labels, etc...) I'd recommend something that has internal storage. Don't know about the 1651A.

Harvey

Reply to
Harvey White

I love my Tek 1240... Especially as it is capable of 100MHz sampling / 50MHz state (I think the HP 163X are 25MHz, no ?).

--

Yours, Robert

"JasonW" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
Robert Lacoste

Whatever you buy, make SURE it has all the probes and pods you'll ever need and that they work. mike

laptops and parts Test Equipment
Honda CB-125S
Color LCD overhead projector
Tek 2465 $800, ham radio, 30pS pulser