What does Agilent mean with "IF Phase Ripple"

I am working as a measuring engineer calibrating measuring equipment like spectrum analyzers. Now have I run in to some trouble when trying to calibrate option B7J, Digital demodulation hardware, on Agilents High-Performance Spectrum Analyzer E4440A

Look at this page:

The description reads: "This test is a functional test. The IF Phase Ripple is measured in order to meet the EVM specification listed for various Digital Comms personalities. In this test the source is set to output 64 tones in groups of 8 tones which are generated synchronously. The tones are measured in groups to reduce error due to noise. An algorithm is applied to the measurement data to determine the relative phase between the tones."

Does anyone have any idea about what kind of algorithm that Agilent is referring to in this measurement? Have anybody heard about this measuring method using 64 tones to verify IF phase ripple?

Reply to
andreas.yrvenback

As the person that controls the server for the calsw.tm website, I can't really provide you with the technical details, but I can tell you who to write to. This will be the email for the manager of that group; he can probably then answer this question or forward it to someone that knows. His slightly-scrambled email is mark_catelani (-at-) agilent.com.

cv

snipped-for-privacy@telia.com wrote:

Reply to
Caesar Valenti