Tektronix TDS520 Oscilloscope

I am helping a friend repair a Tek TDS520 Oscilloscope.

The fault on the power-up Diagnostic log looks like this.

Pass - Processor Pass - Cal/Initialization (see error log) Fail - Acq/Proc. Interface Fail - Acquisition Pass - Attn/Acq Interface Pass - FP/Proc Interface Pass - Front Panel

I next hit a key and the machine starts working. I ran a 300 Meg signal into it and the displayed waveform with the oversampling switched on looked half like a sinewave except it was shaded to the top of the screen. (sorry for the poor explanation)

Any ideas greatfully received !

regards

Andrew

Reply to