Tek1204 -Logic Analyzer - Been there, done that??

Tonight my Tektronix 1240 Logic analyzer suddenly stopped working. After two or three runs it suddenly would not respond to keyboard input. A re-boot got me a

"INTER PROCESSOR COMMUNICATION FAILURE"

It wont even go into the detailed self-tests.

Has anyone else seen this error. Any ideas about what's broken?

I got this unit about two years ago and have loved it but i'm not sure paying tektronix to get it repaired would be even near my test equipment budget.

/Leif

Reply to
Leif Holmgren

buy a working one on ebay.. should be $150 or some... I have one I dont use (a 1241) but I live in europe ?!?

--
Jean-Yves.
Reply to

Well, so do I. In Sweden.

I looked on E-bay but did not find anyone available outside US, and I'm not sure I would take a risk of buying something like that without a chanse to see it powerup and see it pass the self-tests.

/Leif

Reply to
Leif Holmgren

I will sell mine on ebay soon I think.. you will see the picture of the working powerup on the auction !!! but for such heavy item the shipping will cost some 60 EUR.. you can contact me - remove the "no pub for" of my email adress I live in france..

give me your email adress I will tell you when mine is on ebay ? but if it is some $150 in the usa, in europe such items can go up to 300 EUR... as you pointed out, there are not much for sale in europe and much much more in the usa..

regards.

--
Jean-Yves.
Reply to

Leif Holmgren wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com:

Don't bother TEK(US),they will not even touch them,they are considered "obsolete".

I can't speak for foreign TEK subsidiaries,though.Very unlikely,IMO.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

When in europe, check ebay.de -- the last 1240 I saw there went for 120 to 190 euros (working units). So, should not be too hard to get one. Sweden is EC, so no tax hassle, etc.

hth, Andreas

Reply to
tekamn