TDS420A HPGL pen selection, more than 4 pens?

I am making hard copies to a HGL plotter, well actually a program (PrintCapture, excellent program) that receives the HPGL commands and simulates a plotter.

The TDS420A is a 4 channel scope and PrintCapture plots each channel in a different color, which means my monochrome scope is now a color scope, at least on hard copies.

The big problem seems to be that the scope only uses 4 pens/colors which means that the grid prints with the same color as one of the channels, which of course is confusing.

How can I make the TDS420A use 5 or more pens/colors so that the grid is printed with one pen/color, and the 4 channels with 4 other colors?

Thanks for any ideas, Anders J

Reply to
Anders Johansson

Send the HPGL to a file, and edit the pen-change commands - it's ASCII, and you may find it only does a pen-change once when changing from trace to grid.

Reply to
Mike Harrison