speaking of spammers....(o;

Evnin'

I've looked around dozens of website where they offer refurbished scopes....but it's a real pain in the ass to submit quote requests to every one of them...

Is there really no reseller for refurbished scope which puts a price tag on their stuff???

cheers rick

Reply to
Richard Klingler

Honest, or otherwise?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

There are some resellers that will only do that in a relatively private manner, and the price then is usually greater than the original brand new price; how much higher depends on your perceived net worth as well as perceived desperation to get a scope.

As the joke goes, if you have to ask the price, you cannot afford it.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I can't *stand* that myself. Just gimmee the damn price, instead of trying to size me up first and forcing me to fill out those friggin' web forms. Anyway, you don't have to ask for quotes here:

They also seem to be lower priced than others like Tucker and Test Equipment Depot. Good luck on your shopping.

Reply to
JW

Probably for the same "reason" auto dealers want a haggling session. I will never understand the purpose of that and I drove the dealers crazy. At Mitsubishi we ended exactly where my initial offer was but it was over an hour later and the guy said I might have given him an ulcer by then. He did look quite stressed out at the end.

Anyhow, I just ignore those dealers. Sometimes I might try it if painless. Guess what? They often don't answer at all. Talking about poor salesmanship: I needed a digital scope >100MHz and 1Gs/sec. Found a nice refurb, asked for quote. Quote never come, ordered a new one at Newark, done.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Depends how you look at it : ebay.com pretty much ruined fixed prices but it has opened a whole new portal to find products cheap if you know what you are looking for *and* find a trustworthy seller.

Lost in the Wasteland