RF Frequency generators

Are there any RF frequency generators available that handle up to UHF frequencies? I'd like to find something that uses DDS or PLL so I could just key in a frequency and have it generated, for tuning and aligning homebrew radios. Thanks,

David

Reply to
David Findlay

Surf around the surplus outlets on the web, also on Ebay for a copy of the venerable HP 8640 generator. It will take you up to 512 MHz without the doubler accessory, up to 1024 MHz with it. It's also available in the military version, but that model isn't phase-locked. Both have a frequency display, so you know where the signal is, without having to have a separate counter. The tuning is doene with a nice crank knob, not keyboard entry, but tuning is very easy with the frequency display right there on the front of the instrument. Output level is +19 to -145 dBm (2 V to 0.013 µV) AM, FM and pulse modulation modes Overall, quite an instrument. The going price for a unit in good condition is $200 - $400 US

Cheers!!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in

DaveM