Re: Problem with tektronix 492 analyzer

Sharp,

The most common problem is the power supply.. Due to the heat and poor fan design I'd recommend replacing the large Electrolytic caps..

Dielectric Absorption is basicly a cap drying out..

Dont be fooled, most will pass a basic cap checker test... Only an advanced cap checker will catch the true problem....!

Good Luck... pj

I have a tektronix 492 spectrum analyzer and I have a problem with the > display; > > The analyzer seems to work ok but the video is compresed in a little square > on the screen. > > I thing that is a problem in the deflection amps board or in the video > procesor board, but I don't have the service manual or any kind of > schematics... > > Anybody can help me?? > > Thanks!
Reply to
Metrology