power supply male jacks?

The most-common type of power connector for consuer equipment is hermaphroditic.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Not by the current definition of "hermaphroditic" as applied to connectors. Hermaphroditic means that the connector will mate with itself, aka "genderless".

The typical consumer coaxial power connector is not "hermaphroditic". It will not mate with itself.

The "GR" (General Radio) RF connector is an example of a hermaphroditic connector. I use Anderson Powerpole connectors for low-voltage DC (12 VDC) for my ham equipment as it is becoming the standard, especially for emergency setups where people all bring their different equipment (and power sources) together.

The *pins* of those Elco-Edac connectors used in some multi-pair connectors (like the old SVHS- tape ADAT) are hermaphroditic, but the shells are not. Those old-old "mic connectors" with a blob of solder in the middle and a 5/8-27 threaded ring are semi-hermaphroditic, but you have to un-screw the threaded ring from one of them to mate them.

Reply to
Richard Crowley

NO!!!

Reply to