option 100 on HP8714 installation ?

Hello, Somebody knows where to get and how to install the option 100 (cable fault location)

Only software ? or any hadware to install inside the HP 8714 This modification must be done only in a HP factory , or what else ..?.. ( This equipement is too old for Agilnt/HP = no answer..) Could you give me some details about this modification Thanks a lot - Renaud

Reply to
Renaud

Hi Renaud, you need the password to enable it. I did a little reverse engineering on the firmware of my own 8711, and I discovered the way to transform it into the full options 8712 (with the cable fault option too). The only problem is that you must have to reprogram the bootrom on the CPU board to do that mod. You need an eprom/flash programmer and a little knowledge in hex file editing/handling. As far I know, the 8714 has the same CPU structure of the 8711, except for little differences for the version (A, B, C, D or Ex) the firmware is the same. If you want it, I can send you the pdf with the instructions to do the job. Just give me you email address.

Massimo

Reply to
Max65

Hello Massimo

Thanks for anwsering My email is " renau ctv xxx @ xxx free . fr (witout the espace .and x...)

Give me all the details ....(which is located the eeprom ... ?,)

What is the password ?...

No pb for me for hexa ...and flashing...

Just before to do I will create a saving data (to return to the genuine prog ...)

There is only software mods ?? No hardware mods ??

Nota : my HP is HP8714 ES

Thanks a lot best regards

"Max65" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@c2g2000pra.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Renaud

That seems like too much work to me...and I doubt it will work...although I know it will successfully transform an 8711 to 8712 and 8713 to an 8714. While I have the code to generate any password, I am not sure if my managers will allow it...but I can ask. It should not matter much to Agilent since there is no longer any method to purchase this option...in fact, I doubt anyone even has the code to do it except for a very small handful of people.

In any case, I would need the serial number of the 8714ES. Also useful would be a brief explanation of how this will be used...is this personal use, corporate use, or educational use? Anything I can use to build a case would be nice.

Now if only you could deposit a large sum of money into my Swiss bank account :-)

Let me know, CV

Renaud wrote:

Reply to
Caesar Valenti

Hi Caesar, nice to read you again. Hope all goes well there in Santa Rosa. Here In Italy the great cold is coming and we are preparing to fight against the incoming flu viruses.

I read your worry about the corporate or commercial use of it. You are right, I wrote a warning about it into the disclaimer section of the pdf.

Anyways, I guess Rednaud is an ham radio like me, since he ended some messages with the typical greeting "73".

Have anice day.

Massimo

Reply to
Max65