Needed: Phase Converter Box

To the Group:

I am looking for a 180 degree phase converter unit that I can plug a microphone into and output to an amplifier for noise-cancelling purposes. (Thanks in advance.)

T.G.

Reply to
T. G.

Balanced or unbalanced mic? If balanced, it's just a matter of swapping pins 2 and 3; you can get ready-built XLR adapters that do this, for about $25, from suppliers such as Markertek. If unbalanced, a bit more work involved.

Or, you could just reverse the speaker wires.

Note that depending on what you're trying to do, it is unlikely to work: sound travels at about 1msec/foot in air, so unless your mic is right next to your loudspeaker you get comb filtering rather than actual rejection, and you'll actually get boost at some frequencies.

Reply to
Walter Harley