Modifying a Huntron 2000

I was talking with the Huntron people and if they say that the old

2000 doesn't do a good job on ICs. They told me you need a new model that goes down to 300mV to get passed the protection diode. I have a 2000. Can I put a resistor in series with one of the leads to try and drop the output down to 300mV? As you know. The Huntron puts out 5, 10,15, 40 VAC at 50, 400,2000 hz. You can choose the combo you want with buttons on the front. Can it be that simple? or do I risk damaging the unit buy doing something like this?

Thanks Uriah

Reply to
Uriah