MITS Waveform Generator & Frequency Counter Docs?

I picked this item up at a fleamarket. Photos at;

Can anyone direct me to resources for documents regarding this piece of equipment (user manual, schematic, etc.)? TIA

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now... Visit my antique radio website at

Rich

Interesting

Apparently made by MITS the same people that brought us the Alitair 8080 computer.

MITS = Micro Instrumentation and Telemetry Systems a part time business started by an Air Force officer. He is the guy that a dropout from MIT that had a 4K BASIC he wrote on a PDP-8 went to see, the rest is history.

Last I heard the owner of this company had retired to ? Alabama and was practicing medicene at a rural clinic.

Have no clue where you might find schematics or docs. Hugh Still have two Altair 8080's one still works. I use a P-4 for a terminal.

er_01.jpg

er_02.jpg

Reply to
Hugh Prescott

Sorry got the numbers wrong

Altair 8080

And the owner of MITS was Ed Roberts.

Hugh

er_01.jpg

er_02.jpg

Reply to
Hugh Prescott

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now... Visit my antique radio website at

Rich

There's a good chance that it was a construction project in Popular Electronics (or maybe Radio-Electronics) in the late 1960's or early

1970's. Both magazines were indexed in The Readers Guide to Periodic Literature (or something like that). I remember they had an electronic desk calculator project before they had the computers.

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Washington State resident

Reply to
Mark Zenier

Mark,

Possibly a kit... I was a long time subscriber to PE and don't recall (barring 'senior moments') any kit form MITS equipment - but hey, ya never know. I'll try to pursue that angle at the library. Thanks for the reply!