Looking for electrical contact for use in injection molded housing...

Hello, I am looking for a male/female electrical contact that we can mold right into our housing that will be plastic injection molded. The end application will be high volume, but right now we are trying to build some prototypes.

The application is

Reply to
they call me frenchy

I am no expert, but i would look at connectors that have the pin size and spacing that is desirable for the unit in question. Mill-Max has a gerat varietu of connectors (pins and contacts), and perhaps they would have those that are molded into the connectors that were reviewed. Next, a fixture would be needed to hold the pins / contacts in the proper place in the mold. Seems to me that a shaker bowl and feeder could be used to supply pins to that fixture. The fixture could be in two halves, so that the pins would move easily into the "hole", and clamping those halves would hold them in place during molding; this fixture i mention can be part of the mold itself.

*** Alternate: buy the connectors and mold the new plastic around the "old"; still need fixturing to hold the connectors.
Reply to
Robert Baer