kennel/house intercom and temperature sensor

My dog spends most of her time in a kennel outside, and I want to get a voice-activated intercom so I can hear her if she cries. And I would like to be able to talk to her over the intercom. And, I want to monitor the temperature inside her house, preferably with an alarm if it gets too cold.

The winters are cold here, it can get as cold as about -20 F. I'll have a heater in the doghouse, but the thermometer measurement should be good between about -20 F to 100 F.

The unit in the kennel could be powered either by batteries or house power. Right now I prefer batteries, but in the winter the kennel will have to have house power for heat, anyways.

Voice-activated would be better because it saves batteries.

Can anyone suggest a gadget that would work?

Thanks Laura

Reply to
Graven Water