Infant Mortality battery tester Part 2

All,

Here is yet another project

create a load to test and discharge a 12v 5amp hour battery

I came down to this:

four 1.5 ohm batteries at 50watt each in Parrallel.

I should be able to drain the battery in 16 minutes.

Reply to
JaBrIoL

Please remove ARJW from this Jabriol (a well known troll) inspired thread. We're not an electronics NG. Thank you. :-)

-- Alice in Watchtowerland.... "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction." ~ Blaise Pascal (1623-1662) ~ ~~* ~~* ~~* ~~* ~~* ~~* ~~* ~~* ~~* ~~* ~~*

Reply to
Alice in Watchtowerland

And what, pray tell, is a "1.5 ohm" battery??? In 60 years of electronics, i have never heard of such a thing. Perhaps you do not know much about electronics.

Reply to
Robert Baer

That's what makes it such a fascinating project.

Reply to
le ténébreux

typo.. 1.5 ohm resistors...

Reply to
JaBrIoL

Obviously specifying the internal resistance of said battery :)

Of a more interesting nature is why this is cross posted to the Jehovahs Witnesses?

Reply to
Mjolinor

"Mjolinor" wrote : "Robert Baer" wrote : > JaBrIoL wrote: : >>

: >> All, : >> Here is yet another project : >> create a load to test and discharge a 12v 5amp hour battery : >> I came down to this: : >> four 1.5 ohm batteries at 50watt each in Parallel. : >> I should be able to drain the battery in 16 minutes. : >

: > And what, pray tell, is a "1.5 ohm" battery??? : > In 60 years of electronics, I have never heard of such a thing. : > Perhaps you do not know much about electronics. : : Obviously specifying the internal resistance of said battery :) : Of a more interesting nature is why this is cross posted to the Jehovah's : Witnesses?

So they can Recharge Their batteries?

Reply to
Roger Gt

I read in sci.electronics.design that Roger Gt wrote (in ) about 'Infant Mortality battery tester Part 2', on Thu, 4 Mar 2004:

No. The OP is using the well-known BGBG design process - By Guess and By God. (;-)

John Woodgate

====================== Because Jabriol wants us to think he's so brilliant and so educated.... ho hummmm. Please remove us from this thread. :-) Thanks.

-- The Purple Eggplant.... Learn how the Watchtower was a member of the United nations and as soon as the information became public the retreated! They will say they wanted to use the library but the fact is that you do not need to be a member to access the library, why have a library card to satans library? (credit Glenn)

}(((((0>

Reply to
~<~{

Most lead acid batteries have an internal resistance of about 30

*milliohms* or less, so it is *NOT* obvious, and *not* the "answer".
Reply to
Robert Baer

No, they get a CHARGE out of waking you from your siesta...

Reply to
Robert Baer

: > : Of a more interesting nature is why this is cross posted to the : > Jehovah's : > : Witnesses? : > So they can Recharge Their batteries? : No, they get a CHARGE out of waking you from your siesta...

They don't come to my door anymore. When they arrived with the "Let us tell you about our personal relationship with Jesus" line. I started teaching them the history of Religion and they would go back to their church and ask questions. That's not permitted so the leader of the local group came by to ask if I would prefer not to be contacted. Since I would rather not be a teacher, he agreed and I haven't seen a JW in 14 years!

Reply to
Roger Gt

Cool!

Reply to