IHF Noise Measurement Weighting

I hope any guru here would help me on this.

I want to have the filter parameter for IHF noise measurement weighting. They are so called A, B, and C weighting.

I vaguely remember parameters, say A filter's low-cut is somewhere 800Hz by 6dB/oct, and high-cut is around 5kHz by

12dB/oct. B is wider, and C is further wider. The parameters I want are:

Weight Low Slope - High Slope A xxxHz xxxdB/oct - xxxHz xxxdB/oct B xxxHz xxxdB/oct - xxxHz xxxdB/oct C xxxHz xxxdB/oct - xxxHz xxxdB/oct

Thanks in advance Tak

Reply to
Tak

Those parameters are determined by published graphs. You can either purchase a copy of IEC 60651, or see a standard reference such as The Audio Cyclopedia.

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, Centennial Broadcasting, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA - WZZI / WZZU / WLNI

Dale H. Cook

Thanks, Dale. Appreciate the information. I have ordered G. Ballou's "Handbook for Sound Engineers" at Amazon. It's 2005 edition. I hope this carries the graph. I found the "Audio Cyclopedia" seems a bit old.

Looked at IEC standards for 60651 as I knew the number before posting this newsgroup, but could not find it.

Tak

Reply to
Tak