HP Basic

Hi

Can Anyone let me know where I can get a copy of HP Basic? Not HT Basic.

Cheers

Wayne

Reply to
WayneL

HP Basic only ran on HP computers; a variant ran on the old BTI timeshare computers. If you have a number of HP basic programs (printed out; i do not read punch paper tape any longer), i could convert them to M$ Basic and even compile them as well...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Hi Robert

What is M$ Basic?

WayneL

Hi,

Had to jump in here and say wow, someone who doesnt know about Microsoft. ;-)

PS: Its Microsoft Basic

Reply to
Oliver Hannaford-Day

Yup! I can also handle CBASIC (source conversion to Micro$uck BASIC).

Reply to
Robert Baer

Hi

Can I access a GPIB interface with MS Basic or CBasic or any there DOS basic?

Wayne

Reply to
WayneL

You can use almost any programming language available for PCs, including COBOL. The requirement is that the language has the capability of either hardware I/O or calling an external (compiled) machine language interface; the majority of them can do both. For BASIC variants, one can use either the interpreted or the compiled program; for REXX, it is always interpreted; 16 bit code FORTRAN can do direct I/O and maybe the same could be said for COBOL; 32 bit code will have to call an external routine. See if you can get a copy of the program set that came with the old GPIB cards (late? 1980s to mid? 1990s). That set included source and binaries for full support of any GPIB instrument that you could get the programming instructions for. Languages were BASIC, Pascal, Assembly, maybe C, and i do not remember what others. Careful look at them will show both approaches (direct I/O or routine calls) for most of the languages.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Almost any 'Basic' will do. What you need is a decent API.

National Instrument's must have one as they have been around for ages, and no doubt their fabulous LabView had a dos predecessor.

Or take a look at

OK, it's in german. But simply search for 'GPIB' on that page and you will find a .zip with lots of information. I think, you will be able to 'read' it without specific german language knowledge. (It's 'programmers speak')

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok