HP 9122 disk drive, replacing the drive....

I've got the original pinouts, (26 pins), got the replacement drive 34 pins, matched most of the signals, but still have a problem with disk change, and disk change reset. I see no activity on them.

I also have a problem with ready, seems not to change state...

did anybody put in a standard floppy drive for this (very) old one, and if so, how did you handle these signals...

RIght now, the controller (logic analyzer as controller) reports no disk in the drive, either with the original disk drive or the "replacement" drive.

I can get the new drive to seek, motor comes on, disk light lights, but that's about it...

Coincidentally, that's about what the old drive does...., except that it does seek when I put a new disk in, and the new drive doesn't.

What is this controller expecting to see?

Harvey

Reply to
Harvey White