HP 8920A Communications Test Set - Repair

Hi,

I have acquired one of the above and unfortunately it has a fault.

The generator functions work OK but the Spectrum analyser and receiver functions do not detect any signal. When I got it, the analyser worked a bit but the levels were way off (too low), while watching the display the trace suddenly became noisy then all the input signal was lost.

I have the 'service manual' but this is repair to module level only.

The self diagnostics tell me that the analyser assy has a 'medium' probability of being faulty.

Is there any chance of fixing one of these to component level? Do schematics exist?

Philip

Reply to
Electric dabbler

Amtronix Instruments, Inc.