HP 8417B performance test software wanted for repair. LO signal on main osc output

Hi All, I'm repairing an 8714B and am in need of the the performance test software, HP part number 08712-10011. I can find no reference to it on the agilent site.

I have a problem with the analyser which I think is related to spurs? Out of the main osc is the output signal and a LO signal around 25 to 30 dB down. I'm not sure if this is what is referred to as spurs or whether they are solely referring to fractional N PLL reference osc spurs.

This LO component on the output affects the dynamic range of the narrow band receivers as it interfers with the receiver mixing process.

Mostly affects band 2 but noticeable on bands 2 thru 4.

So looking for the software to adjust the spurs, if this is the spurs being referred to in the .

Alternatively, if someone knows which test frequency to use for which adjustment point that would be almost as good.

Or if it's not these spurs the software adjusts, then anyone have any ideas as to how the LO is bleeding thru tot he main osc port? and if so, any suggested cure?

Thanks

Greg

--------- g c d [delete everything else] A.T. austarmetro.com.au

Reply to
gcd

Check your frac-N board. Thats where most spur problems originate.

Steve

software,

of

band