HP 3470A / 3472A Multimeter dead

Hello,

My favorite piece of nostalgia suddenly stopped working. The +5V and other supplies are ok. The display is blank except for the decimal point. The clock is working but the IC it passes the signal to does nothing with it. I assume that it is a divider of some sort. It has proprietary Motorola number 1820 -0567 I know it is a long shot but maybe one of you know.

--

    Boris Mohar
Reply to

That's the HP part #, and I show a cross for it to a MC4024P, a "dual voltage controlled FF," which you may or may not be able to track down or sub.

-

Jim Adney

Thanks, it is worse than that. I did some more digging and the culprit is dead 1820-0798. This is a proprietary six decade counter for which there is no sub. If anyone has one I would like to hear from them.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Boris Mohar

I could use some, too. I show no sub for it either.

Have you googled on that number? Also, try

He has some of these proprietary HP ICs.

-

Jim Adney