FS: Tek 465B Oscope in Chicago

I have a working Tek 465B oscope with probes, manual, blue storage bag and plastic face cover. Overall nice condition. I have no time to learn how to use it and its collecting dust. Paid about $200 total. Will take $180 plus shipping costs (its heavy) OR pick up in Chicago. Off to eBay if there is no interest. Happy holidays.

Chris M

remove the obvious to reply or post it in the group

Reply to
cnlmoore

That is a super scope - great for vector pcb work since it has XY mode and you can check boards without the monitor, or use it to determine if a display problem is board or monitor based. Another nice feature is that if it has the original or compatable probes, a light over the vertcial attenuation knob indicates if the probe is set to 1X or 10X. If I werent such a cheap SOB I would grab it for backup - the price is quite reasonable for a scope of that quality.

plus

Reply to
Art Mallet - Artfromny - forme

Come on Art, your not a Cheap SOB.

Have you ever tried buying something from yourself?

;-)

Brent

Reply to
A1MixMan

Thanks for the positive nod on the scope Art. Wish I had the time to learn how to use it, but the 18 month old really has a way of removing free time from your schedule :-)

Chris M

1X

quite

in

and

how

is

Reply to
cnlmoore

and

probes,

learn

Yep, but I sure would rather have a kid around than the scope - youre a lucky guy. My "little girl" turned 28 last summer and it seemed like only

15 minutes before that she was 4. Have a great holiday and enjoy your child
--

Art
Reply to

One word... ADOPTION... not that I'm biased or anything ;)

130,000 waiting in the US alone!

steve

PS: I've got 8... time..... huh? what's that... oh yeah, that's when the kids have to be somewhere...

time

Reply to
Steve Muccione

In article , Steve Muccione writes

CRT based analogue scopes are better than digital with TFT in almost all departments particularly for analogue design. Reasons are noise level and dynamic range which are equivalent to 24 bits in the digital domain and hence is not available with the 200+MHZ bandwidth. I imagine Digital cost Tek less . Recently bought a 465 in UK Ebay for £180 ==$230

Ignore my 4 mature offspring horses and geese (wifes work:))

--
ddwyer
Reply to

ddwyer wrote in news:CIjwqLAkWF4$ snipped-for-privacy@ddwyer.demon.co.uk:

Sure digital costs TEK less. TEK no longer has the capability to make their own CRTs,they purchase them from other companies now(for video waveform monitors).TEK also no longer has it's own IC/hybrid manufacturing operation,they sold that off to Maxim,who killed it.

TEK could not today build an analog scope of the 465 performance,nor 7000 series performance and versatility.They also backed out of the spectrum analyzer market,now selling other companies products.(do they still sell the 2712/14/15 series SA's?) TEK is a shadow of what it used to be.

--
Jim Yanik,NRA member
jyanik-at-kua.net