Replacing Tek P6139A/B probes

I've grown to know and trust my P6139A probes over the years, but my students are hell on probes, and I find I have to replace a bunch every year. And at $400 a pop, it's a significant budget item. I trust your opinions; is there a magical probe out there with similar performance (500 MHz, 10 MOhm, 8pF) and a somewhat lower price tag? Thanks, Jim MacA.

Reply to
Jim MacArthur

It seems ecrunch has them at 160$ to 175$ each. Mind the wrapped url.

Regards Werner

Reply to
Werner

I always use these:

They can also be bought in pairs (with less accesoires):

There is no sense in trying to measure anything over 100MHz with a 10M probe anyway.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

I've used Probe Master probes and didn't have any problems with their regular probes. I think they were shorter than the Tek probes they replaced. I didn't like probe masters differential probe.

Wanderer

I have a set of active fet probes I don't think I've ever used myself.

Got them with the scope. Maybe I should sell ?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

If they are decent you better keep them. At some point you may need them and you'll be sorry you sold them.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Does Tek still sell just the cable for around $30 ? When I used those probes on the 3034 scope at work I'd eventually have a cable failure. I can't tell you how many times I repaired the ground pigtails and would replace them when they got too short.

G=B2

Reply to
Glenn Gundlach

The ground pigtails are crappy. I've repaired a few. I never had to repair them on the cheaper probes I buy.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel