Dumb question about Tek 7XX4 mainframes

I've become curious about the way these things operate when both vertical and horizontal are in ALT mode.

Under these conditions, LEFT vertical is swept by RIGHT horizontal, and vice versa. Using, for example, 7904A w/7A19 - 7A19 - 7B85 - 7B80.

Why? Seems counter-intuitive. Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
BFoelsch

It makes sense if you're using a two-slot module, like a 7S12 that goes in the middle two slots, ie. right horizontal and left vertical.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

I think I meant right vertical and left horizontal, sorry.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

vertical

Thank you for a very sensible and informative answer!

Reply to
BFoelsch