Any computer games that mimic troubleshooting strategies?

Hello

Any recommendations for computer games that mimic the "trail and error" and "process of elimination" strategies of troubleshooting? Do any of these games use artifical intelligence (AI)?

In other words, what games are favorites for technicians who troubleshoot hardware?

Thank-you Mark

Reply to
socraticquest

There's Jot, a word game. But these kind of gameplays arent exactly thrilling.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

"socraticquest" contributed wisdom to news: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I like Dominions 3. A mythological strategy game that is very deep with many options to explore. It supports windows, mac, and linux. Dom1 and Dom2 lived for years on my computers. The game seems to defy the "this is the killer strategy" that other games develop. And whenever someone says that one of the nations are worthless I can usually show that they havent played with its strong points enough.

Dont buy the game without trying the demo. This is seriously NOT a game that everyone can enjoy. But if strategy and depth means more than graphics and fast pace, take a look at Dominions 3. Ummm... ShrapnelGames.com has it

By the way, here is an old note that my boss LOVED!

Hey Boss, look at this..... "Diagnostic software designed to maximumly test the limits of memory, disc read/write access, keyboard and mouse inputs, the highest video settings and sound quality all concurrently. If used on a regular basis any changes in system performance would be instantly noticed before degrading to the point of affecting other softwares." It's called insert-name-of-favorite-game-here

Gandalf Parker

-- WARNING: this game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about Dominions strategys while operating heavy machinery. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immeadiately (Do NOT show him the game!)

Reply to
Gandalf Parker

Maybe the Infocom ones?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I think Massive Assault has a good deal of trial and error to being successful at it. The fact that attack damage is set, movement and range of units are all set and you can redo all your moves until you hit 'end turn' bring a lot of trial and error to bare. Some of the tutorial/small mission like games have only one or two successful 'strategies'

I thought it got wildly difficult though.

Carl Lundstedt UNL

Reply to
Carl Lundstedt