Alternative DMMs to Fluke?

I wouldn't recommend trying to make your laptop work without a battery. Not worth the risk. There are a number of battery suppliers on the web that will sell you a battery for your computer for much less than $100. You might post the laptop model, and if possible, the part or model number on the battery. We can probably find a battery that will be easier on your bank account.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.
Reply to
DaveM

I had a similar situation. I ride a bicycle and can't afford to keep and operate a car. And I can't afford to pay for a cell phone but need one in case of emergency in areas that don't have payphones.

I purchased an old, working analog cell phone with a bad battery.My cell phone wouldn't operate with the wall transformer without a battery in it. Didn't want to buy a new, expensive battery so i insulated the contact points on the battery then rewired the connectors to an outside "batterypack" that could be plugged and unplugged and recharged. The "old" dummy battery sat in the holder with a nice fit. The wires ran outside of the phone and were attached to a cheap battery similar to the original battery. It worked, but the only number I could dial was "911" emergency...but that's what I wanted..and no monthly bill to worry about.

It was also suggested:

That would probably be a better idea. My hack could be a last resort if you can't get a new, cheap replacement.

Reply to
C. Nick Kruzer

"I am a blind person, so..."

How do you access newsgroups like this one? Are you using computer software that transduces written material into voice?

I post and read by a webtvplus=AE internet appliance box, not a computer. The system I'm using is capable of creating a 30 (thirty) second voice message for posting and e-mails. Would this voice message be useful to you when reading/accessing posts in the newsgroup? Or do you already have a system going that covers everything?

I rarely use the webtvplus=AE voice recording feature to post or write and I'm always looking for reason to use it.

Reply to
C. Nick Kruzer