Subject Author Posted Replies

New version 1.7 of UML state machine code generator
Hello list readers, The new version now supports generation of C / C++ / nesC / ObjC / Ada code. SinelaboreRT was built especially with embedded real-time systems in mind. Generated code can run even...

embedded gcc linker issue--trying to build for m68000 cpu
Hi, I'm using the free Code Sourcery Lite gcc for m68k for a home project that involves a micro with 68000 cpu core. I added -lgcc to the linker flags to resolve an issue with __divsi3. However, now I...
20
20

BARE BOARD PCB TEST QUESTION
Hi, I'm routing a PCB. I'm trying to figure out if I can reduce the number of nails required by the fixture that my PCB manufacturer will have to build in order to test the bare boards. FACTS...
6
6

SD card spec
At some point the SD card spec was modified to allow an SD card to draw a maximum of 200mA where originally the spec stated a maximum of 100mA. Does anyone know off the top of their head when this...

Small Linux board
Hello, I've set about to do a SHOUTcast Internet Radio, so I'm looking for cheap (low than $100) and small board (ARM based, for example), which can run simple Linux distributions. It has to contain...
14
14

Progress indicators
Hi, I've asked this question many times over the years (in many places) and still haven't come up with a satisfactory answer. What's the "best" way to convey to a user the "progress" made on...
27
27

Evaluating static analysis and Dynamic analysis tools for C/C++
Dear all, Whats the general norm people use to evaluate static code analysis and dynamic code analysis tools in your experience.I am confused on the best tool to choose from,given that so many tools...
5
5

USB Bus Reset - General Query on USB
Hi All, my first query on this excellent site :-). Am currently looking for some info on USB reset. In a USB enumeration failure scenario, could you please let me know how many times does the hub...
2
2

RapidiTTy
I've only just come across this. There's nothing particularly complex about time-triggered (TT) systems. What it means in practice is that you are creating systems using a single interrupt. This...

Looking for Full time position in Embedded Systems
Hi, I have completed Masters in Electrical Engineering from University of North Carolina at Charlotte and currently I am looking for full time position in the field of Embedded Systems and software...
1
1

Compilers on the MPC56xx? Recommendations, warnings?
Hi group, we are in the process of switching over to a Freescale MPC56xx in one of our products. Question is, which compiler is recommended by those in the know of this platform? From a preference...
6
6

RTX2000, 2001
We have been offered a limited number of Harris/Intersil RTX2000 and RTX2001 chips by a supplier of obsolete components. Of course the prices are high! Please contact me by email (removing the Xs) if...

How to Interface microcontroller with Mobile using USB
I am doing a project where I need an interface between mobile phone and microcontroller. Actually I need to process text message on microcontroller. The mobile phone has USB output, and I found that...
4
4

Have to pick processor and development board, pls help
HI I need to select a processor/controller with the following features(any manufacturer)(ARM core or non-ARM core)- LCD controller Touch Screen controller USB support SD card interface RAM(internal +...
3
3

Has anybody used embedded Linux on a single TI 67Xx DSP?
Dear all, Anyone succeeded in installing TinyOS or similar OS in a TI67xx DSP (in particular TMS320C6727)? My final purpose is to install Corba and/or IEEE1451 in a custom board with 6727 DSP as the...