Wither FIR?

Is anyone using 16M (FIR) IrDA ?

Looking over the history via the magic of Google, I see a burst of interest around the beginning of the current century, and not much recently excepting perhaps HP err.. Avago.

I also don't see much in the way of available (OTS) hardware..

Has Bluetooth rendered it comatose? Is there a non-RF alternative? Or is it just coming up to speed?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Look at consumer electronics; cellphones, PDAs, computers, printers. IrDA has disappeared from the consumer landscape.

Reply to
larwe