Why does my pc now recognize my keyboard

hi all. rick here and new to this board. one wouldnt normally find this important but i'm a disabled (online college student) so, of course its, life or death to me. I've been using a usb house brand no name usb keyboard for about 2 years. i bought a backup micro innovations from walmart with a nonusb connector. my computer does not recognize it. my 'help" in windows 98 says if i turn off the computer and turn it on with the new keyboard attached, it would recognize the hardware. it does not. i went to micro innovations web site and didnt see any drivers to download. any ideas? i'm panicking with finals due. please email me at snipped-for-privacy@cablelynx.com if anyone has an idea. it would be greatly appreciated.

sincerely,

rick

Reply to
Rick London
[tale of pc woes and disability snipped]

I have an idea, try a group where your question isn't totaly off topic.

Ralph

Reply to
Ralph Mason

Take it back to Walmart and have them fix it.

Reply to
Jim Stewart