volatile in c99

... snip ...

You seem to misunderstand Usenet. To simply reply, just do it. No special action is needed. The reply goes where it was told. And 'joining other groups' is trivial - bring up the 'subscribe' page, search for the group name (only one, staring you in the face), tick something (depends on reader), done. This is only needed if you plan to follow the discussion.

This assumes you have a semi-reasonable news-reader.

 [page]:
            Try the download section.
Reply to
CBFalconer

I think I've explained reasonably well why follow-ups should be set in later posts on a thread, rather than the first one. If you don't already agree, it's unlikely that you'll change your mind if I re-state it. And you are not going to change *my* mind in this case (I understand exactly what you are saying, and disagree with it). So I suggest we give it up for now (until the next cross-post...).

Reply to
David Brown

... snip ...

Agreed. :-)