make phone calls from fpga. is it possible?

Hi, Is it possible to build a unit on fpga where alerting pre-recorded messages: sms, voice messages can be sent using possibly the ambiant wireless network? if yes, how? i am not looking for the hardware architecture, i can work this on my own. i am rather looking for the means to achieve this: what kind of theory in the context of communication and broadcating in general i should read about to achieve this goal and how to be able to use the ambiant wireless ( landline?) network to send these messages. any papers/books titles will be greatly appreciated

Karl

Why do you need an FPGA for this?

Leon

Reply to
Leon

Do you mean "will someone supply me with the design for a GSM modem in a form that I can load into an FPGA".

Noting that if they did, this item would allow the purchasor to reverse engineer the design into an ASIC, I very much doubt it.

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I mentioned FPGA because the rest of my architectures will have to be implemented on FPGA. From what i understand, i have to associate an asic to my fpga. could you please suggest any available chip

Reply to
Karl

I mentioned FPGA because the rest of my architecture has to be implemented on FPGA. i gather from my message i need to use an exisiting asic chip. could you please suggest one which allows me to set the prerecorded message and the callee phone number. cheers

Reply to
Karl

I suggest you Google for "GSM module".

-hpa