Tiny and cheap little USB to UART bridge

Check out:

VCP drivers for windows work great and its stand alone you just need to connect TX/RX and ground.

Reply to
PICUser

___

Pretty neat! Will it work under 98SE?

Reply to
Charles Jean

I suspect it's an FTDI chip on a neat little PCB- so the answer is probably yes.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

Reply to
picuser

Its a Silicon Labs CP2101 according to the datasheet in an MLP form factor (5mm square). Neat though - minimal external components required.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Jackson

Yeah it works on its own - you dont have to have anything else there, just the HR-USBUART connected to your micro via TX/RX and ground.

Reply to
picuser

Yes, kind of like we did making a board that has pads and holes in the same pattern as a DE9 so we could retrofit our RS-232:

Gary Peek                mailto:mylastname@mycompanyname.com
Industrologic, Inc.      http://www.industrologic.com
Phone: (636) 723-4000    Fax: (636) 724-2288
Reply to
Gary Peek

Before using that chip, think about the company politics about not releasing a linux open source driver

Bye

Uwe Bonnes

yea, it has a internal 48Mhz oscillator, I wonder if thats just a trimmed R/C oscillator, usually they aren't good enough for serial timing,

Reply to
joep

Reply to
picuser

Presumably it is phase locked to the incoming USB clock so it will be as accurate as the PC's clock.

kevin

Reply to
kevinjwhite

But you have designed them, haven't you? So you can provide the exact answer.

Vadim

Reply to
Vadim Borshchev