The chainsaw spoof!! Reaction?

Very strange,

48 hours ago, I posted the USB chainsaw item.

It starts a thread that covers every thing from horsepower formula to

75A USB ports.

It also generates the usual amounts of comedy, no abuse, (very unusual for any thread today), and some new theories in electronics and mathematics.

24 hours later, I deliver the tag line, the spoof, the kicker:

I wait another 24 hours for the reaction. Guess what? No reaction.

I guess I place the "Hello?" Icon here. :-)

Have a good weekend, or like me, are you trying to give them up?

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Great Don, a 28MB file to play sound effect....um yeah!

Reply to
Lord Garth

Please, I'm just the messenger, but it's nice to see a reaction.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

No problem! If you want a chainsaw sound effect, there is a program named chainsaw that cuts files into a user selected size. That program makes a nice sound effect and is small.

Reply to
Lord Garth

I chuckled at the original link, figured it for a spoof, then ignored the thread.

Nice joke. I think I'll print it out and show it to my wife.

--
http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

going to use that when the wankers from the CMCA pull up right next to us because they are lonely the external speakers will chase anybody away with that chainsaw sound

Reply to
David

And everybody knew it was a spoof.

Well, it was obviously a spoof and the "reveal" was pretty lame: you can download a program that plays a sound. Not much to react to.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Now I'm concentrating
                                  at               on a specific tank battle
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Grant Edwards

It is not about the saw sound, it's about creating awareness (and looking for awareness in electronics&embedded engineers is almost like looking for sand in the desert).

Also, consider how much heat and greenhouse gases were emitted in the creation and accessing of the website.

Indeed not really something worth reacting to.

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Reply to
Boudewijn Dijkstra

Not to mention that a program like that has a great likelihood of being a vehicle for malware.

Reply to
larwe