Small thermal printer mechanism?

I'm coming up empty on sources for tiny thermal print heads, like the kind used in laminated tape printers. (E.g.,

The requirement is for ~1/2" width, low resolution text, on direct thermal stock (not the laminated thermal transfer labels) - i.e., a pretty simple mechanism, just smaller than typical. Despite all the label printers on the market, I can't find anything close - the smallest I've found is about 1.5" for POS terminals.

Any suggestions on sources or keywords? The obvious terms return a lot of bad hits.

I'm inclined to skip the in-house prototype and just search for a low-cost (presumably Asia) manufacturer for the whole product. If we go that route, who are reputable mfr reps in this space?

Thanks, Richard

Reply to
Richard H.

Try...

...Jim Thompson

         Old Latin teachers never die...they just decline

Thanks, Jim. We'll see if they can steer me in the right direction. This doesn't look like anything in their normal catalog, but you never know.

Cheers, Richard

Reply to
Richard H.