Simulating mesh networks

Hi,

I'm looking for a tool -- or, barring that, suggestions for a *technique* -- to simulate low bandwidth mesh networks.

Ideally, I would like to be able to impose this "thing" between existing machines so that I could prototype algorithms on various nodes and see how they co-operate (while gathering data).

Barring that, I would settle for something that would let me model traffic so that I could "see" how information flows (often in unexpected ways) and identify pathological behaviors before deployment.

Has anyone done this sort of thing before? If so, pointers to techniques? Or, at least, application domains that I can research...

Thanks!

--don

Reply to
D Yuniskis

and

Thanks! I'll take a look at this and see what it can do...

--don

Reply to
D Yuniskis