SCI Interrupt on freescale HCS12XDP512 - CodeWarrior + ProcessorExpert

Hey Folks,

Right now i'm trying to fix a problem i got with an Interrupt Service Routine created by ProcessorExpert and CodeWarrior:

The ISR loses received chars (as in not calling the appropriate Event Handler) when the reception of that char is finished while the transmit-ISR is running. As far as i can tell, this happens because the transmit-ISR clears a status register which also contains the receive flag, received characters are eventually missed because no ISR fetches them.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem??

Greetings, Florian

Reply to
Florian E. Teply

I would suggest posting this at forums.freescale.com under the 16-bit MC section. Some people from Processor Expert monitor the forums, mentionin Processor Expert in the messsage title might help. The RDRF flag in th SCISR should not be cleared unless the ISR reads the SCIDRL register. Perhaps a posting of code of the transmit ISR would provide a bit o insight.

Reply to
BWallace

We are not aware of such issue and we cannot reproduce it. Could you pleas provide your project for us team to analyse it?

best regards Vojtech Filip Processor Expert Support Team UNIS

Reply to
ProcessorExpert

I'd gladly help you there, but i must admit that the solution already was pointed out to me at freescale's forum: stack was a tad too small and overflowed...

No more encounters of that behaviour since i increased the stack size. Sometimes what you think you see isn't exactly what's really going on :-/

Regards, Florian

Reply to
Florian E. Teply